Publisher and developer Dotemu has finally announced a Windjammers 2 release date of January 20, 2022 on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One (plus Xbox Game Pass), PC, and Stadia. The extreme Frisbee game was originally announced more than three years ago in August 2018, but it incurred one large delay late last year not just because of COVID but because of a desire to perfect the gameplay and the online experience. Apparently, that process is finally complete, and now we have the Windjammers 2 release date trailer to admire.
Additionally, the PlayStation.Blog has a bunch of extra details on the game, including nitty-gritty data on how many frames character animations take up and the challenge to balance it all. If you’re already a fan of the original, you’ll definitely want to nerd out poring over everything that post has to share. If not, then here are your basic Windjammers 2 takeaways ahead of its January 2022 release date:
- 10 playable characters, including returning champions and new faces
- New gameplay mechanics for even more depth
- 10 courts with different shapes and features
- An epic arcade mode with bonus games and challenging matches
- Online modes: play casually with friends or climb the leaderboard in the ranked league