A design document for the weirdest rumored platform fighter of the season, Warner Bros. Multiversus, appears to have leaked via ResetERA and may shed some light on characters, stages, and gameplay. To begin, you can look at the leaked images here. There, you will find control schemes, evidence that the game is based on knock-back percentages like in Super Smash Bros., and a few different stages and characters.
Additionally, the potential leaker shared a few details about Warner Bros. Multiversus, once again concerning characters, stages, and gameplay. They shared all of their info through a bulleted list, which is embedded below for your reading pleasure.
– Finn plays like Coin Battle (think like Steve in Smash, where he needs resources in a way)
– Shaggy is literally based entirely on Ultra Instinct Shaggy
– No sign of Morty in Rick’s moveset
– No sign of Big Chungus in Bugs’s moveset
– Garnet from Steven Universe and Arya from Game of Thrones are in [This is extremely significant as it confirms that different playtesters had different, incomplete rosters. This explains how the Reddit leak, hbox photo leak, and now this guy know about characters the others don’t]
– Bat Cave, Finn’s Treehouse, and Schwifty Planet are stages. They have multiple variants, but that’s likely the devs just testing which one they want.
– Every alt is a full costume. Since the game is a WIP, some characters have multiple alts and some have none. The alts he saw include Pickle Rick, OG Harley, Bizarro Superman, Cake (female cat Jake), Pirate Tom & Jerry, Gentleman Shaggy. VAs change for alts
– It’s %-based, like Smash, if that wasn’t already obvious.
– Rick is projectile-heavy, and uses his portal gun, leaving portals that allies can go through, but not enemies. Also has an AoE attack that turns you into a helpless baby version of the OC.
– Tom and Jerry is more like Rosalina & Luma, with Jerry being Luma, except Jerry can’t be hurt. Stuff like an attack where Tom swings a tennis racket and Jerry is the ball.
– OC is named Rein maybe
If this leak is true (which it very well might not be, but the apparent photo evidence is somewhat convincing), it paints a fairly interesting picture for Warner Bros. Multivversus. As is, I am still confused about the perplexing mix of characters, but I guess that if the gameplay is good, then Multiversus could end up being a surprise hit. What do you think? Do you buy this rumor? Does it make you more or less interested in the game? Let us know in the comments below.