The Last Survey is a minimalist visual novel from Essay Games and RedDeerGames. The game is slated to release on the eShop next week on August 6. The game places you in a desolate, grim future where the world is on the brink of environmental destruction after sustaining decades of abuse from large, careless companies. Watch the trailer below to get acquainted with the game’s distinctive hand-drawn style, and then read on for a bit more background on the game’s plot and features.
Here’s what the game’s developers had to say about the story in The Last Survey:
The story forces you to reflect on issues related to globalism, extraction capitalism and executive greed, which all have a negative impact on the environment. The main protagonist’s silhouette is memorable for a long time, leaving you with many different emotions.
Mega-corporations destroy the environment on a daily basis and you must stop them before it’s too late. As a specialist hired by a big company, your task is to deliver a survey, which can influence the world’s fate.
Additionally, here are some of the main features underlying The Last Survey:
– Over 1500 of hand-drawn drawings – digital, graphite, and charcoal arts
– Choose-Your-Own Adventure – lead the story with monologue and dialog options
– Multiple endings depending on how you conduct yourself
– Dynamic soundtrack – created by famous artist Lewis Kopenhafer
– Story-rich narrative – with themes like globalism, extractionist capitalism and executive greed
The Last Survey will release next week on August 6, but pre-orders are available now, with a 40% discount to boot. If you’re interested in the game at all, now might be a great time to snag some savings.