Publisher Nicalis has announced a November 4, 2021 console release date for huge expansion The Binding of Isaac: Repentance on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation, and Xbox, meaning it’s just two days away. Back in March, Nicalis first announced that The Binding of Isaac: Repentance would be coming to consoles this year, and it also announced that the game will receive a $59.99 physical release on Switch, PlayStation 5, and (this was actually revealed later) Xbox Series X. That physical release will now occur in 2022, but preorders continue to be open for it. However, most existing series owners will probably be content to just buy the DLC digitally off the Switch eShop for cheaper.
The Binding of Isaac: Repentance.
On consoles November 4 in North America. pic.twitter.com/EvGXGmZrnn
— Nicalis, Inc. (@nicalis) November 2, 2021
As a reminder, here is all the content coming in Edmund McMillen and Nicalis’ The Binding of Isaac: Repentance expansion on its November 4 Switch release date:
- A full alternate path with brand new chapters and a new final boss and ending
- True cooperative play for up to 4 players
- An impossible number of balance changes, visual and gameplay updates and fixes
- 130+ new items (700+ items in total)
- Many new item combinations with logical effects, new visuals and mechanics
- Two new playable characters
- 100+ new enemies, 25+ new bosses
- 7 new challenges, 5,000+ new room designs
- Surprises galore!
The Binding of Isaac is a decade old, so it’s a little bonkers that one more big piece of DLC is arriving like this. Fans are sure to eat it up though.