A new firmware update has arrived for Nintendo Switch, and the ver. 10.0.0 update adds a bunch of really desirable features to the beloved console. For instance, you can bookmark news stories now — upward of 300, in fact. You can also transfer software data between system memory and your micro SD card, with some caveats. And surprisingly, there is an option to remap the controller buttons on the Joy-Con and the Pro Controller specifically. The explicit details of this new feature are uncertain, so we’ll just have to test it for ourselves — but it sounds good. Oh, and randomly, there are now six new Animal Crossing: New Horizons icon options.
Below are the full Nintendo Switch ver. 10.0.0 update firmware notes:
Added a bookmark feature to News.
This feature allows you to bookmark your favorite news items.
- A maximum of 300 news items can be bookmarked.
- An internet connection is required to view bookmarked News items.
- News items that are no longer available cannot be viewed, even if they were bookmarked.
Added an option to transfer software data between the system memory and an SD card.
- Users can now transfer downlopadable software, update data, and DLC from the system memory to an SD card (and vice versa).
- Note that save data and some update data cannot be transferred to an SD card.
Added an option to remap the controller buttons.
- Analog stick and button configurations can now be changed for each paired controller.
- Custom configurations can be saved as favorites in System Settings > Controllers and Sensors.
- Custom configurations are stored on the Nintendo Switch system.
- Configurations can be customized for the following controllers: Joy-Con (L), Joy-Con (R), Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Button configurations can also be customized on the Nintendo Switch Lite system.
- This feature is not available for other controllers.
- On each system, up to five favorite custom configurations can be saved for Joy-Con (L), five for Joy-Con (R), five for Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Five configurations can also be saved as favorites for Nintendo Switch Lite.
Added a new section in User Settings for Play Activity Settings.
- The options for “Display play activity to:” and “Delete Play Activity” have been moved from Friends Settings to the new Play Activity Settings.
Added new selections to the lineup of user profile icons.
- Select from 6 new icons from the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game for your user.
General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.
Does the Nintendo Switch ver. 10.0.0 update make you leap for joy or shrug your shoulders? The controller button remapping sounds pretty promising to me.
Update: Here are images of the remapping features and icons:
New Animal Crossing: New Horizons avatars from Nintendo Switch FW 10.0.0 pic.twitter.com/vjCuiXyMBv
— Wario64 (@Wario64) April 14, 2020