Last week, Sega announced Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania during the E3 2021 Nintendo Direct. It’s scheduled to release later this year in October, and Sega has revealed the different versions that will be available at launch. The physical version of Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania is called the “Anniversary Edition,” which includes the game with a collectible sleeve, 10 exclusive cosmetic items, a reversible cover, and a beautiful 40-page art book. Europe will be getting something slightly different for the physical release called the “Launch Edition,” which includes everything in the Anniversary version, but the art book will be exclusive to specific retailers.
Digitally, the Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania Digital Deluxe Edition will be available. This version grants you four-day early access to the game, six classic character skins, three legendary console skins, the classic soundtrack, and 10 unique customizable items. The DLC featured in the physical versions of Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania will also be given away with preorders of the Digital Deluxe Edition, granting you a total of 20 customizable items. A standard edition will also be available to download from the Nintendo eShop.
Here is more information about the DLC:
- The Classic Character Pack unlocks classic versions of AiAi, MeeMee, Baby, GonGon, YanYan, and Doctor!
- The SEGA Legends Pack enables you to play as a Game Gear, Dreamcast, and Saturn!
- The Customization Pack is a set of pink cosmetic items for dressing up AiAi, MeeMee, Baby, GonGon, YanYan, and Doctor!
- Getting the Classic Soundtrack means you can switch over to classic Super Monkey Ball tracks!
- All preorders come with the Bonus Cosmetic Pack (10 items) – this is the only way to get these exclusive items!
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania will launch on Oct. 5, 2021, but Digital Deluxe owners will receive early access on Oct. 1, 2021. Preorders are now available from a variety of retailers, with the available editions being listed on the Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania website.