Spiritfarer launched a couple weeks back and the game has skyrocketed in popularity since then. Whilst most are enjoying the game‘s gorgeous art style and heartfelt story, a few issues cropped up for Switch users. Primarily, the Switch version didn’t support any language options beyond English, which has now been corrected in update 1.2. A number of stability fixes have also been deployed by Thunder Lotus Games.
Spiritfarer now supports French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese on top of the initial English language support. These language options have already been added to the Xbox One and PC versions, in a patch late last month. Here’s the full list of bugs and glitches that have also been addressed:
- Optimized memory usage to lower the potential of crashes
- Fixed an issue causing progression of the story lines or player abilities to rollback to a previous state, breaking the game. Please note that the patch will address the root cause of the issue – but if the issues with your game’s progression persist following this patch, it is unlikely that we will be able to “repair” your progress.
- Fixed an issue where the ship got stuck on a physical barrier on the map.
- Fixed hints being shown multiple times.
- Removed the possibility to set daffodil to player 1 in single player.
- Fixed issue where you couldn’t activate the zipline shrine if you had activated the bounce shrine.
- Various fixes to Alice requests and story lines.
- Various fixes to Gwen requests and story lines.
- Fixed some texts overlapping in the menus.
- Various fixes to Bruce and Mickey requests and story lines.
- Other minor bug fixes and optimizations.
Thunder Lotus Games says that work is already underway for further patches on all systems, including Nintendo Switch. Are there any other issues that you want fixed in Spiritfarer?