Marvelous released a new trailer for Rune Factory 5 and the latest story and gameplay details during an official livestream today.
The gameplay is much like in the previous Rune Factory games, with various areas of improvement. The action has been improved with new functions like the Seed Circle, which holds and restricts enemies in place during battle. While holding an enemy in place, you can steal items from them, including loot that you can only get this way. Furthermore, you can temporarily befriend monsters by “connecting” with them while under your Seed Circle grasp.
Here are some highlights from the Q&A session with the developers:
- The production concept behind Rune Factory 5 is to make something that compares to Rune Factory 4 in terms of volume. The main scenario will especially have plenty of volume.
- There will be something like the Sharance Labyrinth from past Rune Factory games that will provide players with extra challenges.
- There are plenty of fine-tuning options for the camerawork. Options include camera speeds and even perspective changes that make it play more like the older games.
- The farming system from Rune Factory 4 has improved.
Lastly, Marvelous revealed a couple of bonuses that you get from having save data from Rune Factory 4 Special:
- The bachelors and bachelorettes Doug and Margaret from Rune Factory 4 make an appearance. You can’t marry them in Rune Factory 5, but you’ll get to recruit them to your party for dungeon exploring.
- By completing requests from Doug and Margaret, you’ll unlock costumes of the Rune Factory 4 protagonists Lest and Frey.
The last time we saw a trailer for Rune Factory 5 was during the September 2020 Nintendo Direct. You can check out the new Rune Factory 5 trailer below:
Rune Factory 5 – Introduction trailer 2
Rune Factory 5 launches for Nintendo Switch in Japan on May 20, 2021. XSEED Games will publish the game worldwide in 2021.