The latest of the Harvest Moon (Story of Seasons) sister series was just released in Rune Factory 5, and since its launch, it’s been on the top of the Japanese Nintendo Switch eShop download rankings.
Earlier this month, we saw the top 20 Nintendo Switch eShop games for Japan in April 2021, which was led by the three giants of Monster Hunter Rise, New Pokemon Snap, and Among Us. According to the latest Download Soft Ranking page from Nintendo Japan, Rune Factory 5 not only passed the recently released Miitopia at #2 but the rest of the 49 ranked software to take the current #1 spot.
Given that Rune Factory 5 just released a few days ago, it might not keep the #1 spot when all is said and done for the May 2021 rankings. However, just reaching #1 at any given time is impressive for any smaller title like Rune Factory 5, especially when they manage to push aside giants like Monster Hunter and Pokemon.
The current top 20 Nintendo Switch Download Software Ranking on the eShop is as follows:
- Rune Factory 5
- Monster Hunter Rise
- Among Us
- Rune Factory 5 – Digital Deluxe
- Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir
- New Pokemon Snap
- Human: Fall Flat
- Famicom Detective Club: The Girl Who Stands Behind
- Super Noda Game PARTY
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban!
- Uncharted Waters IV With Power-Up Kit HD Version
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury
- Super Mario Party
- Urban Flow
Rune Factory 5 is now available for the Nintendo Switch in Japan on May 20, 2021. XSEED Games will publish the title worldwide in 2021.