GungHo Online Entertainment has announced Puzzle & Dragons Nintendo Switch Edition with a release date of February 19, 2022, and it is available to preorder on the eShop for just $4.37. (There are also optional in-app purchases.) This new version of Puzzle & Dragons is totally built with Nintendo Switch in mind, hence the name, and it can be playable in tabletop mode, handheld, and on TV. There is also notably a new custom “dungeon maker” mode.
As you would expect from the franchise, there are many avatars you can earn by drawing them from the four Egg Machine types: the Standard Egg Machine, Heroine Egg Machine, Godfest Egg Machine, and Dragons & Dragonbound Egg Machine. There will be three more Egg Machines offered as eShop DLC, providing even more avatars. Each avatar comes with a bonus item, ranging from a new Team or Awakening Badge to an additional song or cosmetic skin.
Here are all the modes you can expect in Puzzle & Dragons Nintendo Switch Edition:
- Quest Mode: Experience a single-player adventure through 16 dungeons spanning 75 floors, or form a party and join forces with up to four players in couch co-op.
- PvP Mode: Compete for the high score with up to eight players in three kinds of matches:
- World Match: Challenge random opponents from around the world.
- Friend Match: Create an online lobby to face off against friends.
- Computer Match: Practice offline against NPCs.
- Custom Mode: Create, play, and share your own unique dungeons.
This is the second game in the extremely lucrative GungHo franchise to hit Switch, following the release of Puzzle & Dragons GOLD back in January 2020. Check out a bunch of first-look images of the new game below, and stay tuned for its release date in just a few days.