Cygames revealed Project GAMM, a new fantasy action game for console by Senran Kagura creator Kenichiro Takaki, in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine (via Ryokutya2089).
Longtime Senran Kagura series producer Kenichiro Takaki, affectionately known by fans as the “boobies producer,” first joined Marvelous around 2006. He left in 2019 to join the new console division at Cygames to pursue his childhood dreams of making a traditional fantasy game.
Since joining Cygames, Takaki has worked as a producer on Project Awakening and as an advisor for Granblue Fantasy spinoff games. Project GAMM will be his first major project, in which he will take the roles of director and producer. Other staff includes Mogmo as the artist. Shiro Sagisu, best known for the music of the Shining series, is on board as the composer. Kiyoshi Arai, who worked on Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy XIV, and the Bravely series, is a designer.
Here are highlights from the interview with Kenichiro Takaki:
- It features competitive action with flashy moves and feels good to play.
- The game is set in a world with magic and machines. There are also machines powered by magic (think Magitek).
- The protagonist is a young man who appears to be a mage?
- Other characters include a maid, a robot, and a knight. Almost all of them are playable and play key roles.
- Multiplayer is a key focus.
Cygames has yet to announce a platform(s) or release window for Project GAMM.