Pokémon Unite launched on Nintendo Switch back in July, providing an addicting MOBA experience that’s easy to pick up and play. Some of you may have been waiting for the mobile version, which was confirmed to be launching this month during the most recent Pokémon Presents livestream. It turns out that you don’t have much longer to wait, as the Pokémon Unite mobile release date is set for tomorrow! Not only will you be able to play the game on iOS and Android devices, but a brand new update is being rolled out for all versions of the game.
To celebrate the mobile release date and five million preregistrations, “every Trainer who completes the in-game event in the mobile version of Pokémon Unite by Sunday, October 31, 2021, at 14:59 GMT will receive the following preregistration campaign rewards: 1,000 Aeos tickets, the Unite license for Pikachu, and special Holowear for Pikachu called Festival Style. If 7.5 million preregistrations are reached, Trainers will receive an additional 1,000 Aeos tickets!”
Meanwhile, here are the patch notes for the coming update.
Pokémon Unite Version 1.2 Patch Notes
- Full cross-platform play and account linking across mobile devices and Nintendo Switch. Link an account, and play with the same account across both platforms.
- New in-game events in which you can get super item enhancers that can upgrade a held item to grade 30. We’ve also made it easier for all Trainers to get item enhancers.
- New held items to introduce fresh strategies.
- The introduction of Unite squads, allowing Trainers to team up with squadmates.
- A second battle pass, which will feature all-new cosmetic items, including new Holowear with special visual effects.
- The rollout of some limited Spectator Mode features.
- Support for multiple new languages.
- Balancing and Bug fixes
At the Pokémon Unite website, the game’s producer, Masaaki Hoshino, thanked fans for their support since launch, saying the following among other things: “We’re proud to have created an experience that has resulted in so much enthusiasm, particularly as we invite a new audience to the world of UNITE with tomorrow’s mobile launch of the game.”
The Pokémon Unite mobile release date is set for tomorrow for iOS and Android, while the Nintendo Switch version is available to download on the eShop. Are you excited for another season of Pokémon Unite?