Fans of Pokémon Sword and Shield are currently able to claim up to eight (!) versions of Ash’s iconic Pikachu through the games’ mystery gift program. Each Pikachu comes with a hat representing a specific region of the world of Pokémon. Game Freak has made these Pikachu available as part of their celebration of the release of The Crown Tundra, the second portion of the games’ expansion pass (which we quite enjoyed). Each Pikachu can be claimed in Pokémon Sword and Shield with a special code, and after slowly rolling out each code over the past few weeks, we finally have our hands on all eight. Here they are, all conveniently listed for you.
- Pikachu (Original Cap): P1KACHUGET
- Pikachu (Partner Cap): 1CH00SEY0U
- Pikachu (Hoenn Cap): P1KAADVANCE
- Pikachu (Sinnoh Cap): V0LTTACKLEP1KA
- Pikachu (Unova Cap): P1KABESTW1SH
- Pikachu (Kalos Cap): KAL0SP1KA
- Pikachu (Alola Cap): ULTRAP1KA
- Pikachu (World Cap): K1NP1KA1855
If you’re wondering how to redeem these codes within Pokémon Sword and Shield, we’ve got you covered there, too. Here are the steps to build your army of electrified mice:
- Launch Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield, whichever you have got.
- Access the X Menu and select “Mystery Gift”
- Select “Get a Mystery Gift.”
- Select “Get with Code/Password.” This will connect you to the internet.
- Enter one of the Pikachu codes.
- At this point, the Pikachu should appear in your party or in one of your Pokémon Boxes.
- Save your game just to be safe, and then repeat the process until you have all eight of these potent electrifiers. Each code can be redeemed one time.
Will you be bolstering your party in Pokémon Sword and Shield with a Pikachu squadron? I have Sword, and although I have not even touched the game yet, I’m pretty tempted to start it up just so that I can enjoy unleashing a horde of overpowered Pikachus on my enemies.