Two new character trailers have been released, along with a huge sample from the artbook that will come with the Persona Q: Wild Cards Premium Edition.
For the uninitiated, Persona Q is Atlus\’ upcoming 3DS Dungeon-Crawling RPG. It\’ll feature characters from Persona 3 and Persona 4, and is a collaboration between the Persona and Etrian Odyssey development teams. Expect Persona-style combat mixed with first-person exploration and self-drawn maps.
Teddie, the enigmatic, pun-happy bear creature from Persona 4 (spoiler warning, if you still haven\’t played Persona 4):
Teddie is a melee fighter who also uses Ice magic. His real draw will probably be his high Luck stat, which increases critical hit chance.
And Yukari, the fashionable archer from Persona 3:
Yukari’s trailer presents her as a cross between a Medic and a Sniper. She\’ll probably be most useful for group healing and long-range attacks from the safety of the back row.
And here’s a sneak peak into the Wild Cards Premium Edition’s included artbook (the full thing is 38 pages long):
The artbook will feature scenery shots, rare promotional illustrations, and all of Shigenori Soejima’s unique designs for the Persona Q versions of characters from other Persona titles (which were intentionally made to resemble Etrian Odyssey characters in order to show the link between the two series).
There are actually two special editions of the game:
Persona Q Limited Standard Edition:
- Persona 4 \”Evokers\” Tarot Card Set #2 (includes the Arcanas XI-XXI which weren\’t packaged with Persona 4 Arena Ultimax’s Set #1)
- Special packaging for the first run of these sets (but HOW special?)
Persona Q \”The Wild Cards\” Premium Edition:
- Tarot Card Set #2 (same as in the Limited Standard Edition)
- Art Booklet (see preview above)
- Soundtrack CD with highlighted songs from Persona Q
- Deluxe Hard Case for 3DS XL – first time being made available in North America
The game comes out on November 25th in North America and November 28th in Europe.