Classic board game Monopoly has crossed over with tons of favorite properties and themes over the years. Sometimes, a new version of the game will radically alter gameplay rather than just simply reskin the board with popular characters and scenes. That’s the case here with Hasbro and Bandai Namco’s new Monopoly Arcade Pac-Man. Read up on the new edition of the game below, which spices up the classic landlord simulator with a miniature arcade machine and Pac-Man minigames in a race to avoid ghosts and rack up the most points.
Gamers and fans of the original Pac-Man can relive some of their gaming experiences with this Pac-Man themed Monopoly game. In the Monopoly Arcade Pac-Man board game players can play Pac-Man on the retro banking and arcade unit and can also use it to buy, sell, or steal Levels and perform various other actions. Players race around the board (but watch out for the Ghost!) to buy Levels and earn points. Each time a player passes Go they get to play a mini game of Pac-Man. Rack up the points while everything is tracked in the banking and arcade unit, with no money changing hands. The player with the most points wins!
– MONOPOLY GAME WITH PAC-MAN THEME: Did you play the classic Pac-Man arcade game back in the 80s? Relive favorite moments with this Pac-Man themed Monopoly Arcade board game
– ARCADE IS BANKING UNIT: In the Monopoly Arcade Pac-Man game players play for points instead of money. Earn points by buying Levels and playing mini games of Pac-Man on the banking and arcade unit
– THE GHOST: Players move around the board as Pac-Man, and also move the Ghost token on their turn. The Ghost Die determines how far the Ghost token moves
– POWER UP, POWER PELLET AND MAZE SPACES: Players move around the board and can advance to or steal a Level depending on the space they land on. If they pass or land on Go they get to play Pac-Man
– FOR PAC-MAN FANS: Players insert their plastic arcade coin into the banking and arcade unit to check scores, pay rent, buy, sell, or steal Levels, play mini games of Pac-Man, and more
Are you interested in Monopoly Arcade Pac-Man? If you’re down for some arcade board game fun, the game is available on Amazon at $29.99 with an August 1 release date.