Monster Hunter Stories 2 launches next week, and we got a look at more with a launch trailer, co-op gameplay, and an updates roadmap. Capcom shared a bunch of new details during a special pre-launch livestream for the RPG.
First, here’s a look at the Monster Hunter Stories 2 roadmap, which shows updates going into October 2021:
Monster Hunter Stories 2 roadmap
- Monster Hunter Stories 2 releases on July 9.
- July 15: Free Title Update #1 – Adds Palamute as a new Monstie.
- August 5: Free Title Update #2 – Adds co-op quest exclusive monster Kulve Taroth. Hellblade Glavenus and Boltreaver Astalos will also join as new Monsties.
- Early September: Free Title Update #3 – Adds Soulseer Mizutsune, Elderfrost Gammoth, Oroshi Kirin as new Monsties.
- Late September: Free Title Update #4 – Adds Dreaking Rathalos and Molten Tigrex as new Monsties. It also adds co-op quest exclusive monster Kulve Taroth (High Difficulty).
- Free Title Update #5 – Adds co-op exclusive monster ??? (High Difficulty). New Monsties include Silver Rathalos and Gold Rathian.
It’s worth noting that the Elder Dragon Kulve Taroth won’t be a rideable Monstie. However, her quest will give players access to valuable crafting items to create new and powerful equipment. The high-difficulty version that arrives in September will feature even greater rewards. We don’t know who the mystery co-op quest monster for October is, but it will offer material to craft incredibly powerful gear. Capcom will share more details about future Monster Hunter Stories 2 updates later.
Watch the Monster Hunter Stories 2 launch trailer below:
You can also catch the new co-op gameplay footage in the following video:
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin will release for Nintendo Switch and PC on July 9, 2021, and now we have a roadmap for its future updates.