The Lego Group has announced new 2-player functionality for its Lego Super Mario line, possible by linking any two characters (like Mario and Luigi, or just Mario and another Mario) via Bluetooth. As a result, “Now, children and fans can play as a team, collect extra digital coins by doing in-sync actions like walking, flipping and jumping, or work together to defeat enemies, complete challenges, share rewards or even by changing up the play and competing against each other.” In photos, the Lego Group and Nintendo have additionally shown off the new Bowser’s Airship Expansion Set, Boss Sumo Bro Topple Tower Expansion Set, Lakitu Sky World Expansion Set, Reznor Knockdown Expansion Set, Frog Mario and Bee Mario Power-Up Packs, and 10 assorted new characters.
The Lego Super Mario Bowser’s Airship Expansion Set is available for preorder today for $99.99, which includes the ship, Kamek, a Goomba, and a Rocky Wrench. The ship can be configured for “flying” and “course” modes. Meanwhile, the Boss Sumo Bro Topple Tower Expansion Set mostly entails knocking over the Topple Tower, which is horrendous news for the Sumo Bro. The photos will show you some other critters showing up in the Lakitu Sky World Expansion Set and the particularly awesome Reznor Knockdown Expansion Set as well.
The other Lego Super Mario expansion sets won’t cost you quite as much as Bowser’s Airship, but they aren’t cheap either. Here is all the product pricing:
- 71391 Bowser’s Airship Expansion Set (available to pre-order today) (99.99 USD/EUR)
- 71388 Boss Sumo Bro Topple Tower Expansion Set (29.99 USD/EUR)
- 71389 Lakitu Sky World Expansion Set (39.99 USD/EUR)
- 71390 Reznor Knockdown Expansion Set (69.99 USD/EUR)
- 71392 Frog Mario Power-Up Pack (9.99 USD/EUR)
- 71393 Bee Mario Power-Up Pack (9.99 USD/EUR)
- 71394 Character Packs – Series 3 (10 collectible Character Packs, including Galoomba, Parachute Bob-omb, Crowber, Boo, Amp, Torpedo Ted, Bony Beetle, 1-Up Mushroom, Scuttlebug and Swoop) (4.99 USD/3.99 EUR)