What a pleasant surprise this one is. Developer Serenity Forge and publisher Way Down Deep have revealed a romantic comedy adventure game called Half Past Fate is coming to Nintendo Switch and Steam on March 12. That in itself sounds pretty fun to me, but factor in some really pretty pixel art and a “pop-up” style reminiscent of Octopath Traveler, and all of a sudden we might have a sleeper hit on our hands. Take a look at the delightful teaser trailer for Half Past Fate!
Half Past Fate has no right strutting in from out of nowhere and looking this good, yet here we are. Oddly enough, the game is inspired by Groundhog Day, Love Actually, and You’ve Got Mail. Serenity Forge and Way Down Deep are promising the following quirky features for the game:
- An inspiring and heartwarming slice-of-life story set in present day.
- Jump through time, witness how 6 people come together over a span of 8 years.
- Eat spicy ramen.
- Immerse in our familiar world through charming 3D pixel art visuals.
- Learn what’s different between black tea and green tea.
- Change a flat tire.
- Relish in relatable stories about life, love, and the fate that brings us together.
We’ll be reviewing Half Past Fate, so stay tuned for more updates next month. In the meantime, tell us what you think of this curve ball of an indie title.