My goodness, we’re only halfway there? The second of three days for E3 2019 conferences is behind us now, but not without a ton of exciting Nintendo Switch reveals to show for it. While we prepare for the Nintendo Direct, catch up on yesterday’s Switch news with our recap of E3 2019 day 2!
Ubisoft E3 2019 Conference
- Mathematical! The platform fighter Brawlhalla crosses over with Cartoon Network’s Adventure Time. Finn the Human, Jake the Dog, and Princess Bubblegum all appear as alternate costumes to existing fighters.
- Like clockwork, Ubisoft reveals Just Dance 2020 for the Nintendo Switch and the seemingly immortal Wii for November. As for the Wii U, the new Just Dance won’t be coming… so the Wii officially outlives the Wii U at retail. Oof.
- From the creators of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, Gods & Monsters explores a world of Greek fables, fallen Gods, and vicious beasts. The game is due for a February 2020 release!
Square Enix LIVE E3 2019
- Final Fantasy VIII is back and better than ever! The one Final Fantasy game fans wanted ported for years launches later this year as a remaster.
- New trailers everywhere for Dragon Quest XI S, Dragon Quest Builders 2, and Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition! The latter is due for release on PlayStation 4, Switch, and mobile devices this winter.
- Surprise! Square Enix shadow-dropped The Last Remnant Remastered last night for the Nintendo Switch.
- Romancing SaGa 3 and SaGa Scarlet Grace: Ambitions are coming West for the first time!
- The wait for Tokyo RPG Factory’s Oninaki is almost over. The spiritual successor to I Am Setsuna and Lost Sphear releases in August!
- Square Enix ups their indie support with the Square Enix Collective, showing off Circuit Superstars last night. The top-down racer is slated for a 2020 release!
- Square Enix also confirmed that Final Fantasy soundtracks are now available on a ton of music streaming platforms!
The PC Gaming Show at E3 2019
The E3 2019 PC Gaming Show introduced a handful of indie games that will also be coming to the Switch, among them a Contra-inspired 2D shooter titled Valfaris. Catch up to the entire broadcast above!
Limited Run Games’ E3 2019 Showcase
Limited Run Games introduced a ton of physical indie games they will be distributing through the rest of the year. Among these is Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid, with standard and collector’s editions available for pre-order, and Atooi Collection for the 3DS. Check out the full list!
Kinda Funny Games Showcase
Finally, Kinda Funny Games introduced a ton of indie titles making their way to Switch via their own E3 showcase. They also broke the news that The Gardens Between, the time-manipulating puzzle game by The Voxel Agents, will also get a physical release via Super Rare Games.
With the first two days out of the way, it’s only one hour to showtime for the E3 2019 Nintendo Direct. What were some of your favorite reveals yesterday? Share your thoughts with us below! And, if you haven’t already, be sure to check out our Day 1 recap for Microsoft and Bethesda’s showcases and their own reveals for Nintendo Switch titles.