Strictly Limited Games and City Connection have partnered to bring a physical release of Cave shmup Deathsmiles I – II to Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 (PS4) in a limited and collector’s edition, and the preorder period begins at the Strictly Limited Games Shop on November 7, 2021. The Deathsmiles I – II limited edition, which contains an instruction manual, will retail for €49.99 (formal USD prices to be announced) and be limited to 2,800 copies on Switch and 1,500 copies on PS4. Meanwhile, the Deathsmiles I – II collector’s edition will retail for €89.99 and be limited to 2,200 copies on Switch and 1,000 copies on PS4, all individually numbered.
Here is the long list of what the collector’s edition will contain:
- Game for Nintendo Switch or PS4
- Collector’s Edition Box
- Acrylic Graveyard DIY-Orama
- Wall Scroll with Main Visual
- Large, reversible poster (DIN A2)
- Character Sticker Set
- OST with Arrange DLC Tracks
- Set of 6 Postcards
- 4 Character cards
- 3 Marquee Stickers
- “Deathsmiles” Enamel Pin
- Set of Keychains
- Deathsmiles Arcade Flyer
Gameplay-wise, Deathsmiles I – II will offer the following exclamation mark-worthy features when it comes to Nintendo Switch and PS4:
- Horizontally scrolling bullet-hell madness across multiple game modes!
- Spooky good fun! Battle ghosts, demons, man-eating plants, and giant cattle! You can even take on demon Santa!
- Six (four in Deathsmiles) playable angels to choose from, each with their own faithful familiars.
- Play a great variety of gothic-themed stages in the order of your choosing.
- Supports two-player local cooperative play. Banish the forces of Hell together!
All physical copies of this game bundle are expected to ship in March 2022. These games originally released in 2007 and 2009 respectively in Japan, with North American releases coming a little after. Now here is your chance to own Deathsmiles I – II in the most dramatic way on Nintendo Switch or PS4 with the limited and/or collector’s edition.