Cotton Reboot! was great, so ININ Games has announced a brand new “cute ’em up” game called Cotton Fantasy for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4, launching physically and digitally sometime in Q1 2022. In addition to a standard physical release, Strictly Limited Games is also offering a limited Cotton Fantasy Collector’s Edition for both Switch and PS4 for $124.99 / €109.99, all available for preorder now. (There’s also a 30th anniversary cup set.) You can check out an image of what’s included in the collection below.
And now here are the many features you can expect in Cotton Fantasy on Switch and PS4 this year, plus its announcement trailer:
- HD graphics & brand-new shoot ’em up game mechanics
- 6 iconic, playable characters to choose from, each with different mechanics and attacks, even including guest characters like Umihara Kawase (from the equally named series) and Luffee from Doki Doki Poyacchio
- Easily accessible Shoot ‘em up gameplay, perfect for newcomers, but with enough depth for veterans
- 16 colourful and varied scrolling stages to unlock, with vertical, horizontal, and 3D movement
- Light-hearted story with fun and charming cutscenes voiced entirely in Japanese (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish subtitles included)
- Exhilarating soundtrack featuring iconic remastered tracks from past games
- Unlockable content and different characters offer high replayability
- Aim for the high score in your nation and globally with the featured ranking boards
The graphics aren’t quite cutting edge in Cotton Fantasy, but you don’t play a shmup for the graphics. Let us know if you plan to preorder the standard or limited collector’s edition of Cotton Fantasy on Switch.