Catherine: Full Body has a new trailer today from Atlus and Sega as part of the offerings from New Game+ Expo (NGPX), one of the last major digital video game showcases of the summer and that is notably packed with Japanese developers. This “Puzzling Hearts” trailer provides a brisk overview of what to expect of this game’s ominous block towers before it arrives on Nintendo Switch on July 7. Despite protagonist Vincent’s best efforts, things don’t turn out so well, but then the narrator reminds us, “If you can’t find a way forward, you may want to undo.”
It was probably just meant as a stinger joke to end the Catherine: Full Body trailer, but I instead choose to interpret that as deep philosophical guidance from Atlus and Studio Zero. Don’t just let your mistakes bring you to ruin! Undo them! Climb out of that chasm, make amends, and start over again. Of course, it helps if you have a woman like Catherine or Katherine waiting for you at the top of that chasm.
Atlus further reminds us that Catherine: Full Body will have the following features on Switch, with the last one being the most intriguing:
- This mature action-adventure puzzler will thrill players with a story that delves into relationships and the difficult choices we make
- Choices that will determine your fate in multiple story branches and 13 available endings
- Overcome challenging and addictive puzzles to survive the nightmare
- Play on the go: whether it’s Versus or Co-op mode, it’s never a baaaa-d time to play with your friends
- Original Catherine: Full Body add-on content now included in game (Catherine ‘Ideal Voice’ Set, Playable Character Set, Persona 5 Joker Character & Commentary Set, Bonus Content: Horn-Rimmed Glasses)
Preordering the game, which costs $49.99, comes with a sheep keychain while supplies last. Will you be taking this dark puzzler for another spin, or maybe you’re playing it for the first time?