Publisher HypeTrain Digital and developer Redruins Softworks have announced that humorous space survival game Breathedge is coming to consoles — Nintendo Switch, PlayStation, and Xbox — on April 6. The game is already available to preorder for 20% off on the Nintendo Switch eShop and Microsoft Store, making it $19.99 instead of $24.99. It first released on PC back on Feb. 25, and the launch trailer below pertains to that version of the game. Breathedge involves making do after your spaceship crashes suddenly.
Breathedge will contain the following features as it arrives on Switch and other consoles:
- Stunning visuals and high-fidelity artwork, captured in a frozen moment of the colossal spaceship post-explosion scene
- Craft tools, build vehicles, and even construct a station to make a cozy base in space!
- Make your way through the depths of space and its ever-present dangers
- Explore the nooks and crannies of the scattered interiors and secret areas to find out what really happened to the famous space liner “Unnamed”
- Play as a guy named the Man, the grandson of a prominent engineer involved heavily in the dramatic events that took place before the catastrophe. Find out your grandpa’s legacy!
- Fight your base instincts, the dangers of open space, flying robots, and common sense
Perhaps most importantly of all, the game gives you an “immortal chicken.” I’m not sure what that’s about yet.
For a more in-depth take on Breathedge before it arrives on consoles, you can check out Yahtzee Croshaw’s Zero Punctuation review of the game at our sister site, The Escapist.