A big update is coming to Splatoon 2, and due to this Nintendo has carved out some time for server maintenance.
— Nintendo Versus (@NintendoVS) October 10, 2017
For full details of the update, click here. Some highlights down below:
- Changes to Salmon Run
- Fixed an issue causing certain combinations of main and special weapons to not appear, though they had been among the four supplied for that session of Salmon Run.
- Fixed an issue causing players in life preserver form positioned near the edge of a stage to fall through the stage when super jumping to the starting point or to the Grizzco ship at the end of a wave.
- Fixed an issue when hunting for a Goldie, causing its size and the location of the Golden Eggs it drops when defeated to appear differently to different players.
- Fixed an issue allowing a Flyfish’s missle launcher to be destroyed when hit with a bomb just as it closed, although the bomb hadn’t gone inside.
- Fixed an issue causing players swimming on walls to take damage continuously when attacked by a Chum, Smallfry, or Cohock.
- Fixed an issue preventing ink from a Slosher from reviving allied players in life preserver form at point-blank range.
- Fixed an issue that gave both pieces of gear the same randomly assigned gear abilities when receiving the current and previous month’s Limited-Time Bonus gear simultaneously.
- Changes to Spectator Mode
- Fixed an issue causing incorrect animations to play when objects other than players, such as Inkrails or Splash Walls were damaged while viewing a particular player’s perspective.
- The sound effect that plays when taking damage during regular play now also plays when viewing that player’s perspective in spectator mode.
- Other Changes
- Fixed issues while creating posts in which 1)lines drawn outside of the frame and then back into the frame failed to properly appear and 2)the “undo” function failed to work properly.
- Fixed an issue when testing weapons in which coming into contact with one of the targets immediately after performing a vertical swing with a roller failed to deal contact damage.
- Fixed an issue when testing weapons in which coming into contact with one of the targets continuously with a Brella-type weapon incorrectly only damaged the target once.
- Fixed an issue occurring when exceeding the number of displayable League Battle results caused recent results to not be displayed instead of the oldest results.
- Updating to Ver.1.4.0 will disable wireless matchmaking for local multiplayer with players using Ver.1.3.0
- Changes to Multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where, under the following conditions, players would only receive the benefit of Ink Resistance Up when stacking it to maximum effect.
Are you still playing Splatoon 2? Comment below, let us know.