Atelier Sophie 2: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Dream is a direct sequel to the first Atelier Sophie, but it will include the Multi-Link Turn Battle system and other new combat features detailed in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine (via Ryokutya2089).
Check out the highlights from the magazine below:
Atelier Sophie 2 Multi-Link Turn Battle and combat systems
Multi-Link Turn Battle
- Fight cooperatively with three frontline and three backline party members.
- Use actions during combat to accumulate TP used to perform Twin Action, Support Guard, and Dual Trigger special attacks.
- Cooperative moves performed by exchanging actions between the frontline and backline party members.
- Change up strategies by having the backline attack after healing the frontline, and such.
- Helps hold back from using MP.
- Switching is speedy and doesn’t affect the tempo of battle.
- The frontline guards the backline. After use, it switches places between the frontline and backline members.
- The Dual Gauge fills up by executing Twin Actions and Support Guards.
- Fill it up to 100% to activate a special attack between two characters.
- There are certain monster types that have auras.
- Hit the aura’s weakness for an “Aura Break,” which gives allies extra actions.
- There are monsters powerful enough to change the weather.
- Players will also get to change the weather to fight back accordingly.
Atelier Sophie 2: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Dream will be available for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam on February 25, 2022, utilizing the Multi-Link Turn Battle system. Watch its initial reveal trailer and the latest battle and synthesis videos.