We are exactly two months away from the launch of Super Mario Maker 2. Artistic/sadistic gamers the world over are chomping at the bit to create their own Mario levels/deathtraps. There is only a little information available on what new mechanics this sequel is bringing to the Switch. However, a recent ad for the title reveals a wealth of hitherto unknown information. That is, as long as you have perfect vision and a magnifying glass.
Squint for +1 detail bonus
Have a look at the image in question, courtesy of a Japanese store advert spotted by Twitter user Mark Cooper:
Boy, that toothless panda is distracting. Also, the stuff of nightmares.
The images are very difficult to make out. However, the eagle-eyed folks at GameXplain took some time to analyze the pictures:
Here are some of the juicy details uncovered:
- A dynamic water option for the Super Mario Bros. theme, along with 8-bit moving snake blocks (a series first).
- Giant small Mario, which seemingly confirms the return of amiibo scanning.
- Jungle background. What is this, Wood Man’s stage?
- CAT. BOWSER.
- 2D flaming Charvaarghs for use in the Super Mario 3D World aesthetic.
- Pointy death icicles.
- Hanging rail foes for the Super Mario Bros. 3 theme, including a helpless looking Bowser.
- Customizable pipes for the Super Mario World option. The variety of colors on display is a plus!
Readers, are you excited for these new gameplay options in Super Mario Maker 2? Which one is the most enticing for your artistic mind? Let us know with a comment down below.